- This event has passed.
Supporting Youth and Young Adults Experiencing Homelessness through Education and Workforce Partnerships
September 13, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Description: In this webinar, attendees will learn about:
- the connection between education, employment, and housing affordability outcomes, including as addressed in Home, Together: The Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness;
- federal education and employment programs that serve youth experiencing homelessness (McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth, Perkins Career and Technical Education, Adult Education, WIOA Youth Formula, YouthBuild, and Job Corps);
- policy and practice levers to encourage more targeted local efforts to ensure education and employment program access and success for young people experiencing homelessness;
- two local programs (Los Angeles and Washington, DC) that serve youth experiencing homelessness through intentional education and employment partnerships.
Time will be provided for Q&A.
- Faatimah Muhammad, U.S. Department of Education
- Jasmine Hayes, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Christina Dukes, National Center for Homeless Education
- Jennifer Kemp, U.S. Department of Labor
- Chang Kim, City of Los Angeles
- Susana Martinez, Latin American Youth Center
Please adjust for your timezone.