"10 in 10" Orientation Tutorial for New State Coordinators
10 10-Minute Modules to Orient You to Your New Position
NCHE's "10 in 10" module series for new State Coordinators for Homeless Education:
- provides 10 short modules that cover essential topics to orient you to your new position;
- provides information in PDF format and may be reviewed by State Coordinators at their convenience;
- is based on information in NCHE's more comprehensive State Coordinators' Handbook;
- includes links to additional resources; and
- includes Questions to Consider and a Wrap Up to reinforce key points and help you develop your work plan.
⇑ back to top
- Background on the McKinney-Vento Program and Legislation
- Understanding the Definition of Homeless
- Getting to Know Your State's McKinney-Vento Program
- Overseeing Implementation in Local Education Agencies
- Data Collection
- Legislative Policies that Impact Homeless Children and Youth in School
- State-Level Coordination and Collaboration
- Resources and Assistance
The National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE) is the U.S. Department of Education's technical assistance center for the federal Education for Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) Program. NCHE is housed at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
This website was produced with funding from the U.S. Department of Education, on contract no. ED-01-CO-0092/0001. The content of this website does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Education or the University of North Carolina at Greensboro; nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
To view .pdf files, you must have the Adobe Reader program, available for free downloading at http://www.adobe.com/.